I got this recipe from the fabulous Brandon Campbell, who runs
2 red, green, or yellow bell peppers, chopped – I LOVE bell pepper
1 cup of frozen corn
A handful of asparagus stalks, cut into 1 inch pieces
(You can add any other vegetables you like)
1/2 package lean ground turkey (browned)
1 can of organic black beans, drained and rinsed
splash of lemon juice
splash of lime juice
dash of salt and pepper
splash of soy sauce
1) Cook the quinoa (1:2 quinoa to water ratio) and set aside.
2) Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the lean ground turkey and set aside.
3) In the same pan, add the oil, onion and garlic. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
4) Add the bell peppers, corn and asparagus, cook until the vegetables are tender.
5) Add the ground turkey and beans and cook for another 10 minutes, adding the rest of the ingredients.
6) Place a serving of quinoa on each plate and top it with the vegetable mix.
**Tailored Fitness Nutrition Plan: This meal counts protein (ground turkey and beans), vegetables (bell peppers, corn, and asparagus), and high quality carbohydrate (quinoa).